So tonight, I got a knock on my door, and as usual it was a pretty lady, and guess what? She was hungry. I didn't have much in the kitchen, except in the bottom drawer, of course. But I whipped her together something pretty tantalizing, and by tantalizing I mean, it was pretty good. We got down together on some chicken pita sandwiches with homemade yogurt and cucumber sauce. They are sort of Greek inspired, but really, I don't know what the hell they are except delicious. So here goes, dude, this is what you need, besides a lady to cook for, but we're working on that, right?
Two sizable chicken breasts (settle down class)
At least half a cucumber
Pita bread, try to have at least two full slices, man.
Plain yogurt (Let's do non-fat shall we? We shall.)
Shredded lettuce (I would not suggest buying pre-shredded lettuce as tempting as that may seem)
Montreal chicken Seasoning (This will be pretty easy to find, tastes good, and costs less than buying all 3,000 spices that are in it. Hey, we're here for the people, right?)
1. Clean your chicken, and slice it into small pieces, about 2" x 1".
2. Shred your lettuce. Iceberg or Romaine will work well. Set aside.
3. To make your cucumber/yogurt sauce (now pay real close attention 'cause this gets really complicated) empty the yogurt into a bowl and with a grater, shred the cucumber in and mix together. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Sauté the meat and add the seasoning as you cook. How much you use is up to you. It may get too salty if too much is used.
5. When the meat is done cooking slice each pita in half so you can make pockets out of them (two per person). Open 'em up and throw in chicken, followed by your cucumber sauce, followed by lettuce. For some heat, I'd recommend Sriracha sauce.
That's that. Simple, right? Quick, huh? No there's more time for other things. In my case it will be a PCP fueled night listening to Carmina Burana and playing battleship with a couple playmates, for you, well, at least you'll have time for World of Warcraft and bong hits. I'll be over later for bong hits.